Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 1 - Traveling to Playa Grande

It felt like a near miss to getting to paradise. My flight left from MSP at 9:16am with boarding time at 8:20am (that seems early to me). While I got to the airport at 7:30am, it was a total zoo. I don't recall the last time I was at an airport with that many people.

I, along with almost everyone else, got in the wrong line many times... Finally when I got in the correct line to drop off my bag, I was watching the clock tick down to 8:20. I waited in line for over 30 minutes just to drop off my bag; it was finally 8:30am when I dropped off my bag.

Security was another dilemma altogether. The woman at the bag drop said there was nothing she could do because every other person there was trying to catch a flight and running late. If this is the case, and all I heard from every single Delta employee at the airport that day (at least 5 different employees said this) "It's like this every Saturday," then why on earth have they not increased the staff or at least open all of the security gates?

I wish I had taken a picture of the security line by the Delta drop-off. It snaked around so many times that I couldn't find the end of the line. So I did what I normally do. I said "fuck this" and I walked all the way to the other end to find the only other open security line with maybe 30 people in it. I felt like I won the lottery (mostly because I knew I would catch my flight). Surprisingly, the majority of the people in line in front of me have clearly gone through a security line at an airport before. Impressive and not annoying in any way.

Finally got to my gate and boarded the plane. Next stop, Costa Rica, baby!



Once I arrived, I got on the Tamarindo Shuttle to Playa Grande - about a 45 minute drive. I had arrived. Safe. And. Sound. And thirsty.

I dropped off my things at the cute little villa I rented and went back up to the office at the Playa Grande Park Hotel where there is a bar and restaurant. The nice guy who showed me to my place was bartending. His name is Charlie, and his girlfriend Kelsey was also there. They are really nice, and I hope our dreams of having a CR scooter gang happens. I just need to find one.

Oh, and the sunset is gorgeous here...


No comments:

Post a Comment