Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Elusive Rubio, the Howler Monkey

The first night I was here, Charlie and Kelsey told me about Rubio. He's a local howler monkey who we assume was a troublemaker and was exiled from his troop. He hangs around Playa Grande, and apparently he thinks he's a human.

I was walking over to El Huerto to pick up some dinner, assuming that would be the highlight of the evening; I was wrong. I saw Rubio last night for the first time. And let me tell you - he is most definitely a troublemaker.


Rubio is right by the entrance, behind the sign


As I watched him, he started walking out into the street. I heard a car approaching behind me...


he ran out into the street just as a car was coming

Well, you can watch for yourself what happened next. 


I had to stop recording the first video because I didn't want to capture something horrible, but it turned out he knew exactly what he was doing. I watched him do this to 5 cars in total...walk out...stop right in front of the car and make them go around him. Hilarious! But only because it didn't end badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment